Travelling by car
Val Gardena can be reached using the Brenner Motorway (A22). Coming from the north, follow the route Innsbruck – Brennero – Chiusa. Coming from the south, follow Verona – Trento – Bolzano. Take the Chiusa/Val Gardena exit. Following the well-marked roads, you should reach Ortisei in about 20 minutes, then S. Cristina and Selva Gardena. At the end of the valley, you come to the Dolomite pass ways. They are only a few minutes away. You do not need a car to get around in Val Gardena. The lifts depart directly from the single towns and there is also a good organised bus service.
Actual Traffic report for South Tyrol (in German language) or calling
Travelling by train
You have only to sit down and relax with your children ready to discover the charm and magic atmosphere of the mountains of South Tyrol. From Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and Belgium there are good IC and EC connections, stopping in Munich, Innsbruck, Brennero, Bressanone and Bolzano. From here you can continue by public busses (timetable), Südtirol Transfer or local taxis to Val Gardena.
Travelling by plane & helicopter
The nearest airports are located in Innsbruck, Verona, Munich, Bergamo, Venice and Milano.
Distances to the airports
- Bolzano (Dolomiti – BZO): 40 km
- Innsbruck (Innsbruck – INN): 120 km
- Verona (Villafranca “Valerio Catullo” – VRN): 190 km
- Bergamo (Orio al Serio – BGY): 270 km
- Venice (Marco Polo – VCE): 270 km
- Munich (Munich „Franz Josef Strauß – MUC): 300 km
- Milano (Milano-Malpensa – MXP): 350 km
- Salzburg (Salzburg “W. A. Mozart” – SZG): 320 km
- Zurich (Zurich-Kloten – ZRH): 420 km